Ottantadì

16.50

A wine born from a promise, two different worlds but both united by the same passion.

Harvested by hand, the grapes were placed in 5 kg boxes, 30% was refrigerated at a temperature of 0 ° C, while the other 70% was subjected to a slight drying.

Vinification at controlled temperature, through co-inoculation of lactic bacteria for malolactic fermentation.

Category:

Description

PLACE: Cerignola (FG), Puglia Italy
VINTAGE: 2021
GRAPE VARIETY:100% Black berried grapes
ALCOHOL CONTENT:14.00%
AVAILABLE BOTTLE SIZES:0.75 L
CONSUMPTION:Daily
COLOUR:ruby red with purple nuances
ON THE NOSE: it reveals intense and balanced, with fruity and spicy hints of black pepper, liquorice, berries, tending to raspberry and cherry. After the second taste, the wine evolves developing sweeter notes such as plum, raisins, vanilla and cocoa.
IN THE MOUTH: there is an excellent balance between softness, body and tannins, with good length and strong flavour. The aftertaste shows a clear and sweet fruity note tending to berries such as blackberries, raspberries and currants.
FOOD PAIRING:Excellent both enjoyed in contemplation in front of a fireplace while eating chestnuts or aged cheese, and paired with risotto and red meat.

Nero di Troia

Uva di Troia is the native grape variety of our area. We are not yet able to understand how it came to us, it was certainly brought by the Greeks during the colonisation of our land, in the time when it was called Magna Grecia. Its origin is only a hypothesis and what I most would have liked to be true is the myth of Diomedes, a great Greek warrior and hero, who after the Trojan War, it is said to have sailed to the Adriatic Sea and had brought with him, as a keepsake, some vine shoots that planted on the banks of the Ofanto River, gave rise to the Uva di Troia variety.

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Ottantadì”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *